Safe & Expert Addiction Treatment & Detox
“Staging an intervention is a demonstration of love.”
An intervention is a proactive step towards healing a loved one and their family. Addiction is a family illness. It touches and affects everyone that comes into contact with it. Non-medical interventions are sadly very common when friends or family confront a person’s drinking or drug abuse and ask them to stop. Often it can descend into chaos with no one being heard or understood.
Interventions are a completely individual process and should be planned as such. Our services are bespoke and tailored to your family’s needs.
Download our Brochure
Our Intervention Process
Interventions are arranged through our sister clinic, CATCH Recovery London. You can contact our team at Smarmore who will help you start the process and connect you with the right people. Alternatively, you can contact CATCH directly and they will advise you on the next steps.
Initial Stage of Intervention
- A member of our team will take your inquiry
- You will undergo a brief assessment of the nature of your intervention needs. They will ask for the following information:
- a) Background on the addiction
- b) The nature of the intervention services needed, for example, in-person or telehealth
- c) The person’s mental health history and any medication they are taking
Duties During Intervention
- Our team can assist with any administration and coordination between interventionists and participants of the intervention.
- If a person agrees to enter treatment
- a) We will connect you with the admissions team at Smarmore Castle for an assessment and clinical decision
- b) We can assist with gathering any additional information requested by the clinical team.
- c) If admission is approved, we will coordinate with the team on the admission date
- d) We can transport them to Smarmore Castle, Ireland without delay if Smarmore accepts immediate admission
- e) We can arrange travel with a Sober Companion directly to Smarmore Castle, Ireland via car or aeroplane if you live abroad; we can also have CATCH arrange for a Sober Companion to stay with them at their house until Smarmore Castle is ready to admit them
- If the person does not agree to an addiction treatment program
- a) We will follow up with the group or primary contact of intervention once every two weeks to see how things are progressing or if the person has changed their mind
- If the patient wishes to go elsewhere
- a) We have a list of options available in agreement with the interventionist
Quick Assessment & Admissions
Getting the Person Help
Using Smarmore Castle’s qualified interventionists can help your loved one get the addiction treatment they need and improve their chances of achieving long-term recovery.
Finding a solution to the endless cycle of watching someone you love suffering from substance abuse or mental health disorders is what an intervention is all about.
There are many different methods, whether you prefer to try the ARISE intervention method or the Johnson Model. Our qualified interventionists will explain everything you need to help you make a decision and support you every step of the way.
- How to Access Rehab With Health Insurance
For those experiencing existing mental health conditions in Ireland, there are private medical insurers who can help you cover treatment. As addiction experts, we know that receiving the appropriate care and support when you have a mental health disorder is pivotal to attaining long-lasting recovery. Below, we will go through the various health insurance options to help you understand your options when it comes to seeking private residential care for substance abuse. Please note that there is no guarantee that you can be covered for all addiction problems as policies are always assessed on a case-by-case basis. Find Out More
- My Loved One Doesn’t Want Help, What Do I Do?
You can’t force someone to go to rehab. At the end of the day, it needs to be their decision because they are the ones that need to be open to turning their lives around. There are ways in which you can encourage someone to enter treatment, one of these ways is via an intervention with a trained interventionist, who facilitates an honest discussion between family members and the addict. This is something Smarmore Castle can arrange – contact us today.
- Which Drugs Does Smarmore Castle Detox From?
We can detox people from any drugs whether they are illegal drugs such as cocaine, heroin, ketamine; or prescription drugs such as benzodiazepines or zopiclone, oxycodone, zolpidem, klonopin, methadone, cannabis; and legal drugs such as alcohol.
- How Long Is the Treatment Programme?
Our treatment programme starts at 4 weeks and is flexible in length, giving you the opportunity to extend for a longer period if you need it.
- Do You Treat Dual Diagnosis?
All patients are reviewed by a consultant psychiatrist in the first week and we can diagnose and provide treatment for a number of co-occurring mental health conditions.
- Do I Need to Be Abstinent Before Admission?
Our medically managed detoxification with 24/7 medical cover means that we can perform complete and complex detoxes at Smarmore Castle. You don’t need to be abstinent before arrival.
- How Do I Get To Rehab Safely?
Smarmore Castle is one hour north of Dublin international airport and we can arrange a driver to collect you and bring you straight to us for free.
We can also arrange a ‘sober transport’ service with a trusted driver, from anywhere in Ireland or Northern Ireland, at an additional cost.