Smarmore Castle Drug & Alcohol Rehab
Smarmore Castle follows the Castle Craig Model of addiction treatment, which is founded on a solid evidence base. Research produced by numerous studies indicates that residential rehabilitation is the best form of care for people with alcohol or drug addiction, and a strong theoretical foundation underpins our treatment philosophy.The treatment programme that we provide hinges on evidence-based therapies.
Although a new addiction centre, Smarmore Castle follows the same clinically proven treatment model as Castle Craig, our partner establishment based in Scotland. Studies of patient outcomes for this treatment programme demonstrate its high success rates for ensuring long-lasting abstinence from drugs and alcohol.
The following studies were conducted with former patients of Castle Craig. These results are applicable to Smarmore Castle as it follows the same clinically proven treatment model.
Download our Brochure
Outcomes from a Cohort of Patients at Castle Craig Hospital, 2015
- 73.4% of former patients of Castle Craig were completely abstinent from drugs or alcohol at the time of follow-up (around one year after end of treatment).
- 91.8% of former patients either had reduced drug or alcohol use or were completely abstinent.
- 81.6% were classified as a “good outcome” by independent verifiers.
- These results indicate the success of our treatment. The study was carried out using scientifically approved methods and was verified by independent reviewers.
Over 40 Years of Experience Treating Addiction
Outcomes from a Cohort of Patients at Castle Craig Hospital, 2010
- 61% of former Castle Craig patients contacted were totally abstinent from drugs or alcohol at time of follow-up (67 weeks after end of treatment)
- 89% of former patients were either completely abstinent or using drugs and alcohol less
Outcome Study for cocaine addicted patients at Castle Craig Hospital, 2007
- 66% of former patients were completely abstinent from alcohol or drugs at time of follow-up (3-5 years after end of treatment)
- 84% of former patients were either completely abstinent or using drugs and alcohol less
Safe Detoxification from Drugs & Alcohol
Patient satisfaction survey 2015
Castle Craig surveyed 250 former patients between July and December 2015. Of those questioned, 98% classified their treatment as either excellent, very good or good.
Categories which received excellent, very good or good feedback from over 90% of former patients included nursing care (95%), detoxification (97%), individual therapy and group therapy (99%), staff support and family therapy (100%).
At Smarmore Castle, we closely replicate both the treatment model and facilities offered by Castle Craig. Therefore, we have every hope that our residential rehabilitation programme is just as effective. In time, we will conduct and publish our own patient outcome surveys to illustrate this.
Contact Us Today
- How to Access Rehab With Health Insurance
For those experiencing existing mental health conditions in Ireland, there are private medical insurers who can help you cover treatment. As addiction experts, we know that receiving the appropriate care and support when you have a mental health disorder is pivotal to attaining long-lasting recovery. Below, we will go through the various health insurance options to help you understand your options when it comes to seeking private residential care for substance abuse. Please note that there is no guarantee that you can be covered for all addiction problems as policies are always assessed on a case-by-case basis. Find Out More
- My Loved One Doesn’t Want Help, What Do I Do?
You can’t force someone to go to rehab. At the end of the day, it needs to be their decision because they are the ones that need to be open to turning their lives around. There are ways in which you can encourage someone to enter treatment, one of these ways is via an intervention with a trained interventionist, who facilitates an honest discussion between family members and the addict. This is something Smarmore Castle can arrange – contact us today.
- Which Drugs Does Smarmore Castle Detox From?
- How Long Is the Treatment Programme?
Our treatment programme starts at 4 weeks and is flexible in length, giving you the opportunity to extend for a longer period if you need it.
- Do You Treat Dual Diagnosis?
All patients are reviewed by a consultant psychiatrist in the first week and we can diagnose and provide treatment for a number of co-occurring mental health conditions.
- Do I Need to Be Abstinent Before Admission?
Our medically managed detoxification with 24/7 medical cover means that we can perform complete and complex detoxes at Smarmore Castle. You don’t need to be abstinent before arrival.
- How Do I Get To Rehab Safely?
Smarmore Castle is one hour north of Dublin international airport and we can arrange a driver to collect you and bring you straight to us for free.
We can also arrange a ‘sober transport’ service with a trusted driver, from anywhere in Ireland or Northern Ireland, at an additional cost.