Expert Addiction Treatment From Manchester
Leading Addiction Treatment Centre near Manchester
Smarmore Castle and its staff are committed to providing skilled professional medical, nursing and therapeutic services to patients and their families.
Smarmore Castle Private Clinic is a residential rehab clinic providing treatment for drug and alcohol addiction and behavioural addictions including gambling. We are located a short one hour flight away from Manchester, near Dublin.
Get Help and Advice for Your Addiction Today
Getting Here from Manchester
Smarmore Castle is located a short flight from Manchester, airlines operate flights for as little as £19 one-way with several flights operating daily. Our private clinic is based in a scenic, countryside location, one hour’s drive from Dublin in the Republic of Ireland. We are happy to arrange collection for our patients arriving at Dublin airport.
Guaranteed Confidentiality within Easy Reach of Manchester
For those in Manchester who want private alcohol or drug rehab treatment in complete privacy and confidentiality, our location in the east of Ireland is a short distance away from Manchester, with plenty of flights operating throughout the day to choose from. Ireland is the ideal place in which to arrange your private alcohol or drug rehab treatment.
Our patients find both comfort and privacy in a renovated 14th-century castle, boasting excellent facilities including a leisure centre, gym and swimming pool. Our rehab facility is set within 15 acres of stunning scenery, which patients are able to explore in their leisure time.
Manchester Alcohol and Drug Abuse
In 2015, in England, 61% of women surveyed engaged in lower-risk drinking, whereas 62% of men were consuming alcohol in a riskier manner. This is reflected in the alcohol-specific mortality rate for men, which is more than twice as high as the rate for women.
In a recent survey of England, Manchester came near the top based on a number of measures of alcohol and drug abuse, including hospital admissions and drug-related crime. In terms of drug-related hospital admissions, Manchester had one of the highest rates across England in 2014/15. The number of deaths related to drug use in Manchester rose by 46% between 2009/11 and 2012/14. Across England, drug-related death increased by 42% between 2012, and 2014.
Quality Treatment a Short Journey from Manchester
At Smarmore Castle, our mission is to provide the highest quality and most effective treatment for our patients and those suffering from alcohol, drug and gambling addiction in Manchester. We receive patients from Manchester, the rest of the UK, the EU and globally. We offer many different options for referral and admission.
Download our Brochure
Admissions for Patients from Manchester
Patients from Manchester can access addiction rehab treatment at Smarmore Castle Private Clinic in the following ways:
- As a private patient
- Through a private medical insurance plan
Contact us for more information on our admissions process.
Our Treatment Programme
The addiction treatment model at Smarmore Castle has been developed over 30 years by a world-renowned team of doctors and psychologists. We provide an intensive rehab therapy programme that follows the 12 Steps Model and includes:
- One-on-one, individual therapy, group therapy, CBT, EMDR, Trauma therapy, grief therapy, family therapy,
- Complementary addiction therapies, including hyperbaric oxygen therapy, equine therapy and drumming therapy,
- Dual diagnosis treatment including eating disorders and depression.
At Smarmore Castle Private Clinic you can be sure to receive:
- Rapid admissions process,
- Thorough medical assessment and full physical examination,
- Detoxification from alcohol and drugs, managed by our medical team,
- Use of our 22-metre indoor heated swimming pool with sauna and steam room, gym and sports with our fitness instructor,
- 16 acres of private gardens,
- Continuing care after discharge.
Our residential rehabilitation treatment programme is based on the clinically proven rehab treatment model pioneered by Castle Craig, our partner establishment in Scotland. At Smarmore Castle, our expert team of therapists, nurses and doctors are led by a highly-experienced Consultant Psychiatrist.
Free & Confidential Addiction Assessment
Taking the first step in seeking help can be very difficult, our team is here to help you.
Self-Help Groups in Manchester
We recommend you begin your journey to abstinence by seeking self-help through attending Alcoholics Anonymous (AA) or Narcotics Anonymous (NA) meetings in Manchester. They provide an invaluable network of support for those suffering from alcohol and drug addiction in Manchester.
From Manchester? Contact us for Addiction Advice
The team at Smarmore Castle is always available to answer questions about our rehab treatment programme, admissions, or funding. If you are from Manchester and are thinking of entering rehab or if you are the family member, friend or employer of someone who is suffering from an alcohol or drug addiction in Manchester, please contact us for advice.
Daily Agenda at Smarmore Castle
At Smarmore Castle, the patient is immersed in a highly structured programme of activities.
- The programme has been developed with over 30 years of experience in rehabilitating patients with drug and alcohol problems. The programme is tailored to ensure the patient feels safe, secure, and focused on their end goal of recovery throughout the day.
- The day begins with a period of meditation to relax the patient and focus their mind on the tasks ahead and incorporates several periods of therapeutic activity. There is also time for the patient to exercise, relax, explore the grounds, and pursue other leisure activities.
- In addition, there are outings to AA/NA meetings in the evenings. It is beneficial to introduce this habit into the patient’s daily schedule. Patients are encouraged to continue attending meetings when they return to their daily lives.
- How to Access Rehab With Health Insurance
For those experiencing existing mental health conditions in Ireland, there are private medical insurers who can help you cover treatment. As addiction experts, we know that receiving the appropriate care and support when you have a mental health disorder is pivotal to attaining long-lasting recovery. Below, we will go through the various health insurance options to help you understand your options when it comes to seeking private residential care for substance abuse. Please note that there is no guarantee that you can be covered for all addiction problems as policies are always assessed on a case-by-case basis. Find Out More
- My Loved One Doesn’t Want Help, What Do I Do?
You can’t force someone to go to rehab. At the end of the day, it needs to be their decision because they are the ones that need to be open to turning their lives around. There are ways in which you can encourage someone to enter treatment, one of these ways is via an intervention with a trained interventionist, who facilitates an honest discussion between family members and the addict. This is something Smarmore Castle can arrange – contact us today.
- Which Drugs Does Smarmore Castle Detox From?
We can detox people from any drugs whether they are illegal drugs such as cocaine, heroin, ketamine; or prescription drugs such as benzodiazepines or zopiclone, oxycodone, zolpidem, klonopin, methadone, cannabis; and legal drugs such as alcohol.
- How Long Is the Treatment Programme?
Our treatment programme starts at 4 weeks and is flexible in length, giving you the opportunity to extend for a longer period if you need it.
- Do You Treat Dual Diagnosis?
All patients are reviewed by a consultant psychiatrist in the first week and we can diagnose and provide treatment for a number of co-occurring mental health conditions.
- Do I Need to Be Abstinent Before Admission?
Our medically managed detoxification with 24/7 medical cover means that we can perform complete and complex detoxes at Smarmore Castle. You don’t need to be abstinent before arrival.
- How Do I Get To Rehab Safely?
Smarmore Castle is one hour north of Dublin international airport and we can arrange a driver to collect you and bring you straight to us for free.
We can also arrange a ‘sober transport’ service with a trusted driver, from anywhere in Ireland or Northern Ireland, at an additional cost.