Smarmore Castle Drug & Alcohol Rehab
Employees with drug and alcohol problems can negatively affect businesses in a number of different ways:
- Productivity: One of addiction’s greatest costs to the company is the loss of productivity. Long-term addiction problems take a toll on both the quantity and quality of the employee’s work. It will damage the employee’s ability to concentrate, as well as their memory, and their judgment.
- Negative effects on relationships: Being intoxicated at work can lead employees to behave inappropriately within the professional environment. This can place strain on relationships between colleagues. Client relationships can also be put at risk.
- Emotional Fallout: The employee’s work performance can also be affected by disruptions to their home life as a result of their addictive behaviour.
- Staff Morale: If the behaviour of the employee is ignored within the office, this can have a negative impact on office morale.
- Sick Days: Absenteeism caused by drug or alcohol abuse costs the company money.
- Health Problems: Prolonged alcohol or drug abuse can lead to a wide variety of serious health problems. These can include liver problems, high blood pressure and cognitive impairment. As alcohol is a depressant, it can cause the employee to be irritable with their colleagues, as well as other mood disorders.
- Safety: Just a small amount of alcohol will lead to impairment in reaction time, and coordination. Therefore, addiction problems could be extremely dangerous for employees working with machinery.
Adapted from ‘Taking care of alcohol issues at work’ by: Dr. Michael G. McCann MD MA DIH MFOM, Board of Directors, Castle Craig Hospital.
Download our Brochure
Call Us for Help With Your Employee
Our admissions team phoneline is available to answer your questions about the workplace and drug or alcohol problems among your staff. Our residential rehab clinic near Dublin provides intensive, inpatient treatment where your employee can regain their sobriety and revitalise their career.
- How to Access Rehab With Health Insurance
For those experiencing existing mental health conditions in Ireland, there are private medical insurers who can help you cover treatment. As addiction experts, we know that receiving the appropriate care and support when you have a mental health disorder is pivotal to attaining long-lasting recovery. Below, we will go through the various health insurance options to help you understand your options when it comes to seeking private residential care for substance abuse. Please note that there is no guarantee that you can be covered for all addiction problems as policies are always assessed on a case-by-case basis. Find Out More
- My Loved One Doesn’t Want Help, What Do I Do?
You can’t force someone to go to rehab. At the end of the day, it needs to be their decision because they are the ones that need to be open to turning their lives around. There are ways in which you can encourage someone to enter treatment, one of these ways is via an intervention with a trained interventionist, who facilitates an honest discussion between family members and the addict. This is something Smarmore Castle can arrange – contact us today.
- Which Drugs Does Smarmore Castle Detox From?
We can detox people from any drugs whether they are illegal drugs such as cocaine, heroin, ketamine; or prescription drugs such as benzodiazepines or zopiclone, oxycodone, zolpidem, klonopin, methadone, cannabis; and legal drugs such as alcohol.
- How Long Is the Treatment Programme?
Our treatment programme starts at 4 weeks and is flexible in length, giving you the opportunity to extend for a longer period if you need it.
- Do You Treat Dual Diagnosis?
All patients are reviewed by a consultant psychiatrist in the first week and we can diagnose and provide treatment for a number of co-occurring mental health conditions.
- Do I Need to Be Abstinent Before Admission?
Our medically managed detoxification with 24/7 medical cover means that we can perform complete and complex detoxes at Smarmore Castle. You don’t need to be abstinent before arrival.
- How Do I Get To Rehab Safely?
Smarmore Castle is one hour north of Dublin international airport and we can arrange a driver to collect you and bring you straight to us for free.
We can also arrange a ‘sober transport’ service with a trusted driver, from anywhere in Ireland or Northern Ireland, at an additional cost.