Salary: Depending on experience
Smarmore Castle is a 32-bed residential drug and alcohol rehabilitation clinic that treats alcoholism, drug and gambling addiction. Our aim is to help patients achieve abstinence through an intensive, personalised programme that follows the 12 Steps, provides detox and medical treatment, psychotherapy and complementary therapies.
Meals at Smarmore Castle are not only a pleasant way for patients to socialise over a healthy meal, but also an important component of the recovery process. Our professional catering team source only fresh and local produce and follow the wholefood dietary policy established by the clinic, using wholesome, nutritious ingredients, prepared to the highest standards.
We are seeking an enthusiastic and energetic Sous chef to join our team that strives to deliver the highest quality catering to our patients.
The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring that food preparation and food production is carried out to the highest standard and in accordance with Food Hygiene Regulations. The role will involve assisting the Head Chef in leading and managing a team whilst ensuring the delivery of the highest standards.
The Ideal Candidate will have:
- Prior experience in a 4-5 Star Company in a similar role.
- Speak fluent English with the ability to communicate their expectations and objectives to the team effectively.
- Good organisational skills and ability to work as part of a team in a busy environment serving dishes to the highest standards.
- Good knowledge of HACCP.
Responsibilities of the Sous Chef position include:
- Prepare menus in collaboration with colleagues.
- Preparing, cooking and presenting high-quality variety of dishes within the speciality section.
- Assisting the Head Chef in creating menu items, recipes and developing dishes.
- Assisting with the management of food hygiene practices.
- Monitoring portion and waste control.
- Overseeing the maintenance of kitchen and food safety standards.
To apply, download an application form here.
Application letter and full CV should be sent to:
Fiona Shekleton, Office Administrator, Smarmore Castle, Smarmore, Ardee, Co. Louth, A92 YY22, Ireland. Tel: +353 (0)41 986 5080 Fax: +353 (0)41 986 5757