Smarmore Castle Drug & Alcohol Rehab
What is Women-Only Therapy?
At Smarmore Castle, women-only therapy, known as women’s group, is specifically tailored to help women with addiction issues. It is a safe space for women to open up about experiences that they may not feel comfortable discussing in a mixed gender group. In this setting, their emotions will be validated, and they will receive support from other women, who may have share their experiences. It is one of a range of specialised therapy groups that we offer, alongside grief therapy, trauma therapy and family therapy.
Advantages of Women’s Group Therapy in Rehab
There are many advantages of women’s group therapy:
- It provides a safe space, where women will not be judged for anything they share, including their feelings and past experiences.
- Patients discover a strong sense of community, and an atmosphere of compassion and acceptance.
- They provide mutual support for each other and can maintain friendships after leaving treatment. This provides a support network when they have returned to their daily lives.
- Women’s group is an ideal setting to explore psychological issues that commonly afflict women, such as eating disorders, trauma or abuse.
- It is a good place to discuss women’s issues such as stigma, female stereotypes in society, sexuality, motherhood, marriage problems, abuse at the hands of a partner, and issues of codependency.
- A major cause of relapse among women is interpersonal issues, so it is vital that patients examine their personal relationships during therapy to discover factors that may have contributed to their addiction.
- How to Access Rehab With Health Insurance
For those experiencing existing mental health conditions in Ireland, there are private medical insurers who can help you cover treatment. As addiction experts, we know that receiving the appropriate care and support when you have a mental health disorder is pivotal to attaining long-lasting recovery. Below, we will go through the various health insurance options to help you understand your options when it comes to seeking private residential care for substance abuse. Please note that there is no guarantee that you can be covered for all addiction problems as policies are always assessed on a case-by-case basis. Find Out More
- My Loved One Doesn’t Want Help, What Do I Do?
You can’t force someone to go to rehab. At the end of the day, it needs to be their decision because they are the ones that need to be open to turning their lives around. There are ways in which you can encourage someone to enter treatment, one of these ways is via an intervention with a trained interventionist, who facilitates an honest discussion between family members and the addict. This is something Smarmore Castle can arrange – contact us today.
- Which Drugs Does Smarmore Castle Detox From?
- How Long Is the Treatment Programme?
Our treatment programme starts at 4 weeks and is flexible in length, giving you the opportunity to extend for a longer period if you need it.
- Do You Treat Dual Diagnosis?
All patients are reviewed by a consultant psychiatrist in the first week and we can diagnose and provide treatment for a number of co-occurring mental health conditions.
- Do I Need to Be Abstinent Before Admission?
Our medically managed detoxification with 24/7 medical cover means that we can perform complete and complex detoxes at Smarmore Castle. You don’t need to be abstinent before arrival.
- How Do I Get To Rehab Safely?
Smarmore Castle is one hour north of Dublin international airport and we can arrange a driver to collect you and bring you straight to us for free.
We can also arrange a ‘sober transport’ service with a trusted driver, from anywhere in Ireland or Northern Ireland, at an additional cost.