Safe & Expert Addiction Treatment & Detox
Every patient is a person with individual needs; each treatment plan is designed to meet such needs. Effective drug and alcohol rehabilitation at Smarmore is guided by our expert team who work together with the patient to prescribe a tailored plan treatments and therapies.We treat each patient who comes for alcohol or drug rehab at Smarmore Clinic as a unique person and design an individualised addiction treatment plan.
The benefits of an individualised treatment plan:
- Targeted care – therapies can help prevent relapse by targeting the contributary factors of the addiction
- Lasting recovery – we believe that intensive treatment leads to long-lasting results
- Life skills – coping effectively and positively with difficult situations in the real world is an essential part of long-lasting recovery and we can help patients learn essential skills
- Quality care – a consultant psychiatrist, therapists and nurses who provide round-the-clock care to ensure patients’ physical and mental well-being are revived following addiction
Our medical and clinical team works closely with patients to create a comprehensive and individualised care plan, that varies in length, depending on the complexity of the case. This is assessed by conducting the following:
- Medical assessment
- Mental health history
- Substance dependence history
All preferences and needs are assessed with each patient, and once the treatment plan is designed, we ask them to sign and approve the plan prior to commencing treatment.
Contact Us Today
Benefits of Personalised Care
Alcohol, drug or gambling addiction must be the primary condition for all admitted patients; however, people are unique, their personalities and histories are unique so care must be personalised in order to be effective.
They may suffer from one or more of the following:
- Alcoholism or addiction to drugs (either illegal or prescription), or to gambling
- Another psychiatric disorder may be evident, and may require attention as part of the treatment plan
In their past they may have:
- Lost someone close and been unable to grieve properly
- Suffered physical, emotional or sexual abuse
- Fought in a war or experienced a traumatic episode
- Be any age
- Be from wealthy and/or professional backgrounds
- Come from dysfunctional families
- Have lost everything due to their addiction
We apply appropriate and specific therapies to the disease of addiction and any additional problems that our patients present with.
Download our Brochure
- How to Access Rehab With Health Insurance
For those experiencing existing mental health conditions in Ireland, there are private medical insurers who can help you cover treatment. As addiction experts, we know that receiving the appropriate care and support when you have a mental health disorder is pivotal to attaining long-lasting recovery. Below, we will go through the various health insurance options to help you understand your options when it comes to seeking private residential care for substance abuse. Please note that there is no guarantee that you can be covered for all addiction problems as policies are always assessed on a case-by-case basis. Find Out More
- My Loved One Doesn’t Want Help, What Do I Do?
You can’t force someone to go to rehab. At the end of the day, it needs to be their decision because they are the ones that need to be open to turning their lives around. There are ways in which you can encourage someone to enter treatment, one of these ways is via an intervention with a trained interventionist, who facilitates an honest discussion between family members and the addict. This is something Smarmore Castle can arrange – contact us today.
- Which Drugs Does Smarmore Castle Detox From?
- How Long Is the Treatment Programme?
Our treatment programme starts at 4 weeks and is flexible in length, giving you the opportunity to extend for a longer period if you need it.
- Do You Treat Dual Diagnosis?
All patients are reviewed by a consultant psychiatrist in the first week and we can diagnose and provide treatment for a number of co-occurring mental health conditions.
- Do I Need to Be Abstinent Before Admission?
Our medically managed detoxification with 24/7 medical cover means that we can perform complete and complex detoxes at Smarmore Castle. You don’t need to be abstinent before arrival.
- How Do I Get To Rehab Safely?
Smarmore Castle is one hour north of Dublin international airport and we can arrange a driver to collect you and bring you straight to us for free.
We can also arrange a ‘sober transport’ service with a trusted driver, from anywhere in Ireland or Northern Ireland, at an additional cost.